GE-NANO can be Used for Various Layer Stabilization Types
GE-NANO is a nano-modified bitumen emulsion (NME), which has been combined with purpose-built, mineral-specific liquid technology to create a high-strength soil stabilizer with improved soil waterproofing properties without requiring the use of cement.
The NME product is a high-strength soil stabilizer with improved waterproofing qualities. Given the properties of the liquid, GE-NANO can be used to stabilize soil in the following applications:
- Base layer wearing course for gravel & mine haulage roads not requiring a surface
- Gravel upgrade to a surfaced road
- Base layer stabilistion or a rehabilitated road or area (petrol station forecourt
- Specific structural foundation layers to deliver a C4 design without the use of cement
- Base layer for parking areas and petrol station forecourts
- Gravel Airstrips
- GE-NANO does not require heat for any material handling, storage or pumping.
- GE-NANO is added to the compaction moisture at ambient temperatures.
- The setup time in dry weather when constructing a pavement layer with GE-NANO is 48 hours.
- No special curing or curing time is required after the layer work is completed.
- The nanotechnology mixed with emulsion
impartwater resistance by forming a chemically-bonded nano-coating around the soil particle.
- Due to the reduced amount of GE-NANO used in a layer in comparison to the traditional emulsion treated layer, storage facilities can be reduced.
- The bitumen emulsion quantity required of GE-NANO is reduced by
approximatley50% in comparison to the traditional bitumen emulsion and cement treated material.
- GE-NANO reduces the amount of water to be hauled to remote sites due to
reducedamount of bitumen emulsion used in treating the layer.
- After five (5) days in
storageGE-NANO can be agitated by means of mechanical stirrers, pump circulation or drum rolling.
• No thermal or stabilization cracks are introduced
into the pavement layer
• GE-NANO, within the pavement
flexibility than that of a chemically treated
• Similar unconfined compression strengths (UCS)
are achieved as traditional emulsion treated
material with cement.
• Dosage rate is between 0.5% to 2% of the MDD
of the material.
• The inclusion of GE-NANO typically improves the
of the mortar of the material.
• The use of GE-NANO in bypasses eliminates the
high cost of construction of deviations.
• The elimination of constructing deviations and
bypasses reduces the construction program
time allowing for the continuous application of
the final wearing course.
• Since GE-NANO is dispersed amongst the finer
aggregate particles, the fines are encapsulated
and immobilized causing a reduction in ‘pumping’
• GE-NANO improves
elongate the life of the layer by reducing the
exposure to weathering.
• The process has significant advantages in terms
of environmental considerations with
conservation of natural aggregates and a
reduction in transport, material wastage, noise,
exhaust, dust emissions and traffic disruptions.